Salted Caramel Banoffee Pie
Fruit pies make me feel like I’m being a little healthier by adding bananas to my diet.
Bananas are high in natural sugar, but they have tons of benefits, such as potassium, high in antioxidants and fiber… plus much more!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 12 honey graham crackers – pulverized in food processor for approximately 1 1/4 cups of crumbs.
- 2 tablespoons of white granulated sugar.
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted), but cool.
- 4 Bananas (sliced approximately 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) salted caramel sauce (see recipe)
Coffee Whipped Cream:
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon King Arthur espresso powder
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 bananas sliced 3/4 inch thick
- Shaved Ghirardelli White chocolate (buy a bar of white chocolate and use peeler to create shavings)
- 1/2 cup salted caramel sauce (see recipe)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Put graham crackers and sugar into food processor and pulverize until sand texture.
- Put mixture into a medium bowl and stir in the melted butter until fully incorporated and the entire mixture is wet.
- Place wet crumbs into a 9-inch pie plate and evenly press the crumbs throughout.
- Bake the crust until it begins to brown, which is approximately 16-19 minutes.
- Let the crust cool completely.
- Evenly place sliced bananas into pie pan with the crust.
- Drizzle the salted caramel sauce evenly throughout and let the pie set in the refrigerator.
Espresso Whipped Cream Instructions:
- Mix the heavy cream and espresso powder until completely dissolved.
- In the electric mixer with whisk attachment, whip the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the whipped cream onto the pie (Use a pipe for the whip cream to create a design or alternatively you can use a rubber spatula to spread the whip cream on the pie).
- Place the pie into the freezer for 10 minutes to let it set.
Finishing Touches (you can decide to add the finishing touches after each slice is cut as in the image or place the finishing touches on the whole pie and then cut into the pie):
- Lightly drizzle salted caramel sauce on the whipped cream.
- Place the 3/4 inch sliced bananas on top.
- Shave white chocolate in top
Alternative Option: shave chocolate on top of the whip cream and it is still a great pie even without extra salted caramel sauce and bananas on top.