Snap, Crackle, Pop + Marshmallows + Salted Caramel = Best Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie Treat Sandwich
Best part about this dessert diet treat is how easy and quick it is to make! No baking required!
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 10 oz marshmallows (plus more if you love tons of marshmallows!)
- 4 1/2 cups of Rice Krispie cereal
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium-low heat.
- After the butter is melted, pour in the marshmallows (about 90% of the bag).
- Stir the marshmallows and butter together until marshmallows are fully melted.
- Stir in the Rice Krispie cereal.
- Once fully combined, pour in the rest of the marshmallows (including extra marshmallows if you like).
- Mix everything together a couple of times, but not too much that the second batch of marshmallows added are melted (this way you have some gooey bits of marshmallows in your treat).
- Pour mixture into a greased pan and gently press down to flatten.
- Ready to eat! (or you can wait for it to completely cool and then cut into squares).
- Take two square of rice kripsie treats.
- Spread salted caramel sauce on one and sandwich together.
- For salted caramel sauce (see recipe).