Triple the Antioxidants with Triple-Chocolate Chip Cookies
Soft and Fudginess in every bite
Adding a little fun and sprinkling some rainbow…
For Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Valrhona 100% cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For Chocolate Glaze:
- 3/4 cup Ghirardelli 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
For Double Chocolate Chip Cookies (makes 20-24 cookies):
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place one cup chocolate chips and butter into heatproof bowl over simmering water and mix with heatproof spatula until smooth.
- Turn the heat down to low and occasionally stir the mixture until it is needed.
- Sift flour, cacao powder, salt together in a medium bowl.
- With paddle attachment on standing mixer, combine on medium speed (KitchenAid mixer speed 4) sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Add melted chocolate and butter to the sugar and egg mixture and mix until well-combined.
- On low speed, use a spoon to gradually add the dry ingredients to the mixture.
- Once fully incorporated, add the remaining 1/2 cup of chocolate chips.
- Use scoop to make 2 tablespoon balls of cookie dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
For Chocolate Glaze:
- In a heatproof bowl over simmering water, combine the chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup.
- Stir with heatproof spatula until smooth.
- Ready to be used immediately.
- Dip front half of cookie face down into the bowl with chocolate glaze.
- Turn back up and place over a bowl and add sprinkles of choice to the wet glaze.
- Set on parchment paper on baking sheet.
- Once finished, put the baking sheet in the freezer to 5 minutes to allow the glaze to set.
- Ready to be served!
Tip: Amazing with ice cream or whipped cream.