I’ve always been a fan of rice krispy treats….
….but when you mix in the Hersey’s Caramels, it gives a new meaning to rice krispy treats.
Easy + No-Bake + Gluten Free = Perfect Snack
Added bonus: When it’s hot in the summer, I do prefer a no-bake dessert to keep my apartment cool.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups marshmallows
- 3 cups rice krispy cereal
- 1 cup chopped Hersey’s Caramels (I used dark chocolate, but milk chocolate would be perfect as well)
- Chop the Hersey’s Caramels into small squares and place in freezer.
- In medium size pot, melt butter on medium-low heat on the stove.
- If the butter is cold, chop it up in tablespoon size blocks so it melts faster.
- When the butter starts to crackle, add in the marshmallows.
- Continuously stir with heatproof spatula or wooden spoon until marshmallows are completely melted and butter are well combined.
- Pour in rice krispy cereal in pot all at once and keep stirring until all the rice krispies have been incorporated with the melted marshmallow.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture sit for a few minutes to cool down.
- Take cold Hersey’s Caramels and mix into the rice krispy mixture.
- Butter a 8 inch square pan and move the rice krispy mixture into the pan.
- Allow the mixture to completely cool and set before cutting.