Gooey + Chocolately + Marshmallows = Happy Friday
Brown Butter Blondie Brownies Stuffed with Marshmallows + Chocolate….
…nothing else needs to be said.
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Gherardelli 60% Bittersweet Chocolate Chips, divided (alternative is mini chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
Middle layer of marshmallows and chopped chocolate chips
Ready to be baked!!
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees
- Line 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and use butter to lightly grease the parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, on low heat stir the butter until it is melted and brown bits should start to form with nutty scent.
- Add the sugars to the butter and stir until combined.
- Once the sugar and butter mixture is combined, pour it in the bowl for the standing mixer with whisk attachment and allow the mixture to cool.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder and set on the side.
- Make sure the butter and sugar mixture has cooled down a little before adding the eggs, vanilla extract and salt (otherwise you’ll end up cooking the eggs in the mixture).
- Set the mixer on low speed while adding the ingredients.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
- Approximately divide the batter in half and pour one half into in the pan.
- Sprinkle the mini marshmallows and 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate on top of the first layer of batter.
- Add the second layer of batter on top and finish with the other 1/2 cup of chopped chocolate chips.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the brownie has cooled for about 10-15 minutes, then cut into the brownie for a warm, gooey treat!
Best way to start the weekend!