Getting Sloppy here…just a little bit
Healthier alternative to a ground beef… use ground turkey instead
Why not have dinner and a yolk porn show?
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 seeded jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 cups tomato sauce (I used canned whole peeled tomatoes and food processor to turn it into a sauce)
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce (if using a less sweet BBQ sauce, add a tablespoon of brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of liquid smoke
- In a skillet, on medium-high heat, use avocado oil and caramelize onions (cook for about 5-10 minutes).
- Add red bell pepper, garlic, jalapeno and cook for 3-4 minutes (or until soft and incorporated with the onions).
- Add ground turkey until browned (5-8 minutes).
- Add tomato sauce and cook down to reduce the sauce down to a thick gravy consistency.
- Make your own tomato sauce, by blending whole peeled tomatoes.
- Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, barbecue sauce, chili powder, dash of liquid smoke and salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice brioche in half and lightly butter the buns.
- Toast on a grooved skillet.
- Add cheese of choice (blue cheese in picture)
- Top with a sous vide egg yolk.