So simple and easy!! Just buy the components and piece it together!!
With the blizzard warning from earlier this week, we jetted straight to Trader Joe’s and stocked up on anything and everything possible. All the ingredients used for this pizza can be found at your local Trader Joe’s!! But fortunately, since they are simple ingredients, they can also be found at any local market. With snow falling at 2-3 inches per hour, we’re staying warm inside with our pizzas!!
- Trader Joe’s whole wheat lavash flatbread
- Trader Joe’s burrata
- Trader Joe’s pizza sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Slice about one cup of cherry tomatoes and one half of red onion.
- In a bowl, combine the tomatoes with the onions and drizzle some avocado oil and add a dash of salt and pepper.
- Mix well together.
- Place on foil in jelly roll pan.
- Bake in oven for about 10 minutes – the red onion should be slightly charred and the tomatoes will look a little shriveled. Take out of the oven and allow it to cool.
- Place the slices of pepperoni on a piece of foil on a jelly roll pan.
- Make sure the sides of the foil are folded upwards to avoid the oil dripping off the foil.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes (some of the oil will come out from the pepperoni and prevent your pizza from getting too oily and soggy)
- Place one piece of flat bread on a piece of foil and place on a jelly roll pan.
- Use about 1/3 cup of pizza sauce and spread a thin layer of sauce on the flat bread.
- Slice the burrata into thin slices (the cream will ooze out, but its completely okay). Take each slice of burrata and the excess cream and place on top of the pizza sauce.
- Bake the flat bread in the oven for about 5-8 minutes, the cheese should be melted.
- On the flat bread, add the sliced cherry tomatoes, red onion, pepperoni and turn on the boiler to low.
- Keep an eye on the flat bread to make sure that it doesn’t burn. Once the cheese starts to bubble up, take out the flat bread.
- Sprinkle some fresh parsley and add fresh ground pepper.
- Slice it and its ready to eat!!
Also, get creative and add any other toppings that you like. Looking back, I would grated some fresh cheddar cheese on top as well!