…take a huge bite into cinnamon sugar, Nutella and chocolate chips awesomeness!
Looks complicated, but it’s surprisingly so simple. To make this even easier, buy a great bread dough and make the filling!
Ingredients (makes two mini skillets at 6 inches in diameter or one large skillet):
- 1 packet dry yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup whole milk (95-100F degrees)
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Avocado or olive oil for greasing
- 1 egg, beaten for egg wash
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated salted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup Nutella, divided
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the dry yeast, 3 tablespoons warm water around 105F degrees and a dash of sugar. Within 5 minutes or so, the yeast should start to foam and rise (if not, you’ll have to start over).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, egg yolk, melted butter and yeast mixture.
- In bowl to standing mixer whisk together flour and salt.
- Using dough hook attachment to standing mixer, on low speed, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and allow the dough hook to knead the dough. Turn the speed up to medium-high and continue to knead the dough for about 3-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, use avocado or olive oil to coat the inside of the bowl and place the dough ball into the bowl. Wrap with saran wrap and cover with towel. Allow the dough to sit in a dark, warm area for an hour (I usually let my dough rest in the oven or cupboard).
- Before you take the dough out, create the cinnamon mixture by combining the melted butter, sugar and cinnamon to create that cinnamon sugar coating!!
- Once the dough it ready to be rolled out, first, lightly flour the work surface area and preheat the oven to 375F degrees.
- Take out the dough and divide it into two halves. Leave one-half in the bowl and start rolling out the other half into a rectangular shape to approximately 16 inches by 8 inches.
Take about half of the cinnamon sugar mixture and spread it around the surface area.
Spread out 1/2 cup of Nutella on top of the cinnamon sugar
Then top with 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips!
Roll the dough from the long side.
Cut into two halves.
Cut open from the top.
Laying the two halves side by side, layer one on top of the other to create a braid.
Gently stretch the braid out a little bit and lay in a circle on a lightly oiled skillet.
Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes for small skillet (6 inches in diameter) or 20-25 minutes for large skillet.
- Once out of oven, let it cool for at least 5 minutes before digging in!