Fudgy, chocolately brownies is all I need to make my day…
….Especially a triple chocolate combination!
…and even better topped with ice cream and lucky charms cereal!!
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Valrhona cocoa powder, which I highly recommend)
- 1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Oreos, crushed
- 2 cups chocolate chips (mix of large and mini)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees and line 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Make sure there is overhang of the parchment paper to make it easier to pull the brownie out after it is baked.
- Create a double boiler (unless you have one) by using a heatproof bowl that fits over a sauce pan or another pot. Fill the pan or pot with enough water so that it is not touching the bowl that fits over the pot.
- In the heatproof bowl, whisk together the butter, white sugar, salt and cocoa powder. Once the butter is melted and mixture is glossy, remove from heat and allow to sit for a minute. The mixture will most likely be gritty; no need for the mixture to be smooth at this point.
- Whisk in the salt, followed by vanilla extract.
- Add in eggs, and whisk until fully combined and then add in flour. Continue to whisk until fully combined (about 30-60 seconds of continued whisking…get that arm work-out on!!).
- Pour about half the batter into the parchment paper lined pan. Then sprinkle crushed Oreos over the batter. The Oreos are easy to hand-crush or place in plastic bag and crush together. Be careful to make sure the cookie bits are not crushed in crumbs!
- Then pour the remaining batter on top of the Oreo crushed cookies.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes. Pull the brownie out of the oven and cover with large and mini chocolate chips. Bake for another 2-5 minutes.
- Allow the brownie to cool before cutting and serving.