Marshmallows and brownies…
I love that this recipe lets me be lazy and I can take shortcuts while still making an amazing dessert! I don’t need to worry about taking the butter out and letting it come to room temperature. Although the eggs need to be, simply put them into a bowl with warm water and in 5-10 minutes they’re ready to go! Also, I don’t need my heavy standing mixer for this recipe and can just whisk the ingredients until they are just combined.
This is the perfect and easy sweet treat to make any night of the week. I made it two days in a row!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup Valrhona cacao powder
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- Preheat oven to 300 F degrees.
- Line an 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper and make sure there is overhanging parchment paper (it will make your life so much easier to remove from the pan later).
- In a heavy saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Once butter is melted, whisk in cacao powder with the butter.
- If you’re lazy like me, you can actually keep the cacao and butter mixture in the saucepan, but will need to sit aside for about 10 minutes to cool down a little bit. Otherwise, pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and let the butter and cacao cool down for a little bit.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time for about a minute, until the mixture comes together into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and whisk until just combined.
- Add the flour, sugar and salt and mix together until just combined.
- Pour about half the brownie batter into the pan and use a spatula to spread out evenly.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of marshmallow fluff around on top of the brownie batter. It is very sticky, so I try to use a knife to attempt to drizzle it around. If you want extra marshmallow, feel free to add another 1/4 cup or even a little more!
- Pour the rest of the brownie batter on top of the fluff and make sure its fully covered.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes. It will still be a bit gooey, which is the best part!