Who doesn’t love a giant red velvet cookie?
Plus stuffed with Nutella in the center? It’s so fabulous… I can’t even describe how wonderful it is, so you’ll just have to make it for yourself and see…
I love this cakey version of a red velvet cookie. The texture is a perfect balance between a cake and cookie and the Nutella brings the right amount of sweetness in one bite. I also had a lot of fun decorating these cookies with Neon Yolk sprinkles, which I absolutely love.
For where I buy some of my ingredients along with must-have tools and ingredients for baking, check out my page on Amazon!
Yields: 2 giant cookies!
- 1 cup plus 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cake flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup plus 1 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp red food coloring or gel coloring
- ½ cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup Nutella, divided
- Sprinkles, optional
- Whisk together the dry ingredients – all-purpose and cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and salt.
- Use paddle attachment to standing mixer to cream together butter and sugars on medium speed for about 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture is light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the egg, followed by vanilla extract and food coloring.
- With mixer speed on low, slowly add in flour mixture.
- Once the cookie dough comes together, stop the mixer.
Assemble the Cookie for Baking
Usually, I work on a parchment paper surface or plastic wrap so its easier to move the cookie dough to the freezer.
- Divide the cookie dough into quarters and each cookie will use two of the quartered cookie dough.
- Take one quartered cookie dough and roll it into a ball and then use the palms of your hands to flatten it to a round circle that is about 4.5 to 5 inches in diameter. Repeat this step for the second quartered cookie dough, to have one flattened cookie dough for the top of the cookie and one of the bottom.
- Place 2 tablespoons of Nutella in the center of one of the flattened cookie doughs.
- Place the other flattened cookie dough over the Nutella.
- Pinch together the top and bottom edges of the cookie dough together.
- Repeat the above steps for the second giant cookie.
- Cover each cookie with 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and add sprinkles, if desired.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.