I have always been a fan of hot chocolate – that velvety texture of smooth chocolate combined with the toasted gooey marshmallow that adds that right amount of sweetness. My favorite is combining it all into a soft and chewy cookie!! Then, on top of all that greatness, just when you didn’t think it could get any better, top it with crispy Fatty Sunday peppermint pretzels that add the perfect amount of savoriness to every bite!!
I am so excited that Fatty Sundays and I have collaborated to bring you this amazing cookie plus pretzel combination and we hope you enjoy it!!
For more giant cookie recipes, check out my Colossal Cookie cookbook that was released back in December!!
Yields 2 giant cookies
For Cookies :
- 1/2 cup chocolate ganache (store bought or see recipe below)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 3 sticks Fatty Sunday peppermint pretzels
For Chocolate Ganache:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
Directions for Chocolate Ganache:
- In a heavy saucepan, on medium-low heat, heat the heavy cream until there is a light simmer on the surface. Pour in the chocolate chips and whisk until the mixture is smooth in texture. Finally whisk in the salt.
- Set the ganache on the side to cool down and ready to use once cooled.
Directions for Cookies:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set bowl to set.
- Using a paddle attachment to standing mixer, on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugar for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add in the egg. Once combined into the mixture, add in vanilla extract.
- Once the vanilla extract is fully combined into the mixture, add in the flour mixture. Continue to mix on low until the flour is combined into batter and the cookie dough is coming together, then increase the speed to medium-low for about 20 to 30 seconds.
- After the cookie dough comes together, divide the dough into four equal parts and roll each one into a ball. Two parts will be used for each cookie.
- Use the palms of your hands to flatten each cookie dough ball into a flat circle that is about 5 inches in diameter, and place on plastic wrap or parchment paper. For two of the flattened cookie doughs, use your fingers to create indent the center area to hold the chocolate ganache and marshmallows in the middle.
- Pour 1/4 cup of chocolate ganache in the center of each of the two cookie doughs with the indented center and add 1/4 cup of marshmallow on top of the ganache for each cookie.
- Take one of the flattened cookie doughs and gently place it on top over the ganache and marshmallow, aligning the edges of the cookie together. Pinch together the top and bottom edges to create a seal and then smooth out the edges to create a seamless finish. For some photos with the steps, please reference one of my previous posts for stuffed cookies, such as this red velvet cookie stuffed with Nutella!
- Top the cookie with chocolate chips and marshmallows. Repeat these steps for the second cookie.
- Place the cookies in the freezer for at least 20 to 30 minutes.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bake for 28 to 32 minutes.
- Allow the cookie to cool for at least 15 to 20 minutes and place the Fatty Sunday peppermint pretzels on top!